Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Thirty Days of Gratitude: Dancing

For more information on how to participate in Thirty Days of Gratitude, click here
As I embark on my first (and possibly last) dance competition ever, I pause to think about what a blessing it is to have such an opportunity.

My mom put me in gymnastics and the typical ballet/tap classes when I was really young, but none of it stuck. I didn't have enough stick-to-itiveness to go any where with it, yet I have always had a desire to learn how to dance well.

When I needed a bit more credit hours this semester, I decided I ought to schedule some happy time by taking Beginning Social Dance AKA Ballroom. The experience has had its ups and downs, but it has been pure goodness overall. One of my friends is taking it with me; I am making more friends; Dance has been a surprisingly great form of exercise; and I am learning how to dance.

Gratitude for having the chance to learn dance fills me with a smile. Thanks goes to my instructor, Trevor, and the ever-helpful TA, Sara, for making my dancing experience so fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...