Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Thirty Days of Gratitude: Traditions

Whether it's for a holiday or just a family thing, I am grateful for traditions. Life is more interesting when peppered with them.

One of my favorite traditions of all time is going Christmas caroling. My mother took me when I was growing up, and I keep the tradition going with my children. The music of Christmas, both spiritual and festive, enchants my heart.

I recently read a book The 13th Day of Christmas, by Jason F. Wright (New York Times best-selling author of Christmas Jars), that takes a creative spin on one of my most beloved Christmas songs ever, The Twelve Days of Christmas. I love Jason Wright's book for many more reasons though. I was touched deeply by its message. It addresses real issues such as social status change, cancer, old age, and others, all while drawing the audience in as if we were all around the hearth drinking hot chocolate together and reading this lovely book.

To add to this coziness, I would like to present to you an All Things Purple exclusive author video from Mr. Wright to all of us:



In closing, the story truly warmed my heart and caused me to think more mindfully about the people around me and the traditions I keep. I hope you might give it a read. To learn more about the book's message go to: www.the13thdayofchristmas.com

And for Reader Appreciation, please note the giveaway happening NOW for a copy of Jason Wright's The 13th Day of Christmas.

Disclosure: I was given one copy for myself and one copy to giveaway in exchange for this review.


1 comment:

  1. My health: http://luckbethislady.blogspot.com/2012/11/thirty-days-of-gratitude-day-19-my.html

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...