Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

children's books and more

 

Day 12. 

In my Creative Writing class that I'm teaching this school year, I have been able to integrate children's picture books into a few of my lessons, and I have to tell you how magical it is when you see teenagers connecting with something you love and think is brilliant when they very possibly could find it babyish and lame. I am so thankful for the inspiration that I find in children's books for my class, and I am thankful for such receptive and engaged students. It has been such a joy so far this school year to wok with these fun young people and to watch how they embrace and even run with the things I offer them to learn from. So rewarding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...