Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

sundays

 

Day 28. 

I was raised in a house that stayed home on Sundays. We did family gatherings or just stayed home together doing basically nothing. And when I was a child, I didn't understand the gift that God gives us by commanding us to keep the Sabbath Day holy. But as an adult who has turned life around and is facing the Lord as often as possible, striving to do right by others and become a joyful human being, I have seen the light on this staying home and serving others thing that Sunday provides. 

I love going to church now and making friends and working toward a happier life. It gives me such peace and contentment when I allow it all to sink in. 

The sabbath is a delight to me, and I hope that I never lose sight of how precious it is to take that day of rest each week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...