Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Seeking to Become - July 2012


All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils; My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit. God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me. 

Job 27:3-5

Lately, I have been thinking a great deal on integrity and what this looks like as a daily practice. When we care for others enough that we will be honest with them especially when the cost to ourselves is great, that is integrity.  When we keep negative news about others to ourselves even when everyone else might be gossiping, that is integrity. When we work to eradicate bad habits that are even fractionally dishonest, we are building our integrity. When we give credit where credit is due in collaboration, we build our integrity.

These are only a few examples of integrity to get us started. This month's challenge is to look to Job's example in order to seek where we can fortify our integrity and celebrate the integrity we already have cultivated within ourselves.

As the month goes on, I hope you might add to the list of examples either in the comments section here, send me a tweet if you can't comment on the blog, comment on The Purple Lady Facebook Page, or simply write it down somewhere you can see it. My hope is that we can help each other recognize where we can improve by sharing our different perspectives on real life situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...