Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

a box of chocolates


Literally every single time I open a fresh box of chocolates, I recall Forrest Gump saying, "Life [is] like a box of chocolates . . ." and I don't understand why.

I like chocolate. And I like boxes of fine chocolates even better. Life is so difficult while chocolate is smooth and easy. It's bizarre to me that Forrest Gump sitting on the bus stop bench comes to mind every time. It's weird.

So anyway. I am forgetting why I even started this train of thought!

I want to tell you how life can be like a box of chocolates. How life has been smooth and easy for me.

Friends. Friends have been smooth and easy for me. I'm not talking about making friends though. While I have quite a few friends, I chalk it up to living a good stretch by now, and it's sheer accumulation, not anything about my friendship skills.

In my trials and my change and my continuing struggles that won't seem to go away, I have friends smoothing out the way before me as best as they can and working for my good to ease my burdens. I don't think anyone could ask for more.

So, while life is not smooth and easy, life can be made smoother and easier because of factors in our life such as friends, faith, and good choices, just to name a few.



3 comments:

  1. A nice tribute to your friends today! Maybe it's an introvert thing, but I feel the same about accumulating friends; I don't have many close friends, but the ones I have are true and ever so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true. Back in the day, Forest's quote made me desire chocolate. It took me awhile to finally apply his quote to my life. I get it! SO thankful for good friends, faith, and my path. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting perspective on the Forrest Gump quote -not about the surprise fillings but about the surface smoothness, and connecting it to friends.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...