Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

every little thing



For the past six months or so, I've had a recurring dream of sorts. I can recall it happening three or four times at least. I didn't think much of it until it happened again last week after sharing my thoughts about writing every day in March. In the moment as I awoke, I felt so thankful for my subconscious trying to help calm my anxiety. I guess I even try to help myself out in my sleep! 

So anyway, it's just a couple of phrases from the song "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley running through my head over and over until I wake up.  "Don't worry about a thing…every little thing's gonna be alright." This message is vital to understand even without my brain trying to hit the message home while I sleep. 

Worrying isn't the same as pondering with a purpose to help yourself or others. And worrying does nothing to make life better. When you stop to think about it, worrying is plain old self-destruction. I'm not typically a big Bob Marley fan, but the smooth groove of this song has always made me smile. And now there's even more reason to love it. 

Looking ahead, these thirty-one days of writing slices of this treasured life of mine should be filled with watching for how everything is going to be alright. I want to show myself some compassion and try to remember to focus my perspective in this direction. 

I look forward to your comments and slices too. Don't forget to put your slice of life links in the comments or just write a comment to share! This month is about connecting and sharing!




5 comments:

  1. And "little" is a key word for slicing. We don't have to worry about writing to much. As you said, we can go easy on ourselves. Looking forward to slicing along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to have you back again.
    Is my mind playing tricks on me or did you have a problem with your blog the other day? If you did, then it looks like it's back up and running.

    Thanks for the video clip. That song makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Bob Marley <3. Look, I did it! http://joolimammoth.blogspot.com/2018/03/an-anniversary-of-sorts.html#more Hoping teamwork will help to keep me going all month long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a professional worrier, even though I know how right you are when you say, "Worrying isn't the same as pondering with a purpose to help yourself or others. And worrying does nothing to make life better."

    I am telling myself: "Every little thing will be alright." I hear Bob Marley's voice in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to listen now!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...