Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

ten things


Ten Random Things about Me

1. I immensely enjoy being a teacher, but editing is my comfort zone.

2. I am a fourth generation Las Vegas native on my mother's maternal line of the family.

3. My oldest son and I argue like my brothers and I did when we were growing up, and, secretly, I find it funny—even though it's not.

4. Writing my book and publishing it seems unreal to me even though I did every stitch of the work. And yet it is true.

5. Having at least a boyfriend is one of my goals within the next year. I need someone to find him for me! Or kick one of the people I already talk to in gear! (I mean pray for them, yes, that's what I meant.)

6. Singing is something I love to do, but I'm losing my voice for it. And it breaks my heart to think about it.

7. Some days, I feel like a bulldozer.

8. I have too many "favorite" songs to count. It feels like people are asking me to choose a favorite child, and I don't believe in favoritism. I love good music!

9. Being known for grammar policing/editing feels like a badge of honor.

10. Purple is by far the most versatile and stunning/calming/exciting/beautifying color out of every other color available. I could even argue that it's a neutral if you choose just the right hue.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your list. It's so simple, yet the reader gets to learn so much. Congrats on the book!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...