Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

hearing



Not being able to hear properly over the past three weeks has given me the opportunity of realizing the value of good hearing. After sayint "huh?" about 10-75 times within one short day, you catch a clue. 

Being a teacher, I not only had my own children to frustrate and infuriate over not "listening good enough," but I also had the pleasure of students having some fun with my temporary handicap. We all had a good laugh (even though I am keeping track of who had the initial inspiration). 

I am certain I didn't hear some things that were important every place I had to hear people, but since I couldn't hear them, I don't even know who I could ask to follow up. Over the next several days, I'm hoping I will be able to figure these things out and catch up with life. 


4 comments:

  1. With your hearing temporarily on the fritz, did other senses start to sharpen? Wishful thinking, maybe. At any rate, thanks for sharing the moment and continuing to smile in the face of adversity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With your hearing temporarily on the fritz, did other senses start to sharpen? Wishful thinking, maybe. At any rate, thanks for sharing the moment and continuing to smile in the face of adversity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I hope your hearing returns quickly. I know a little about how you feel. I have not had the use of my right leg for the past two weeks. You don't realize how hard it is to get around and do a lot of things on only one leg. I do appreciate the perspective though.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...