Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

shamrocks are green



St. Patrick's Day has never been a big holiday for me growing up or even since I've been a parent; however, my mind won't let me forget about always needing to wear green or I'd get mega pinched at school. 

One St. Patrick's Day (I think it was fourth or fifth grade), I was all ready to walk to school, and my mom realized I didn't have on any green, so she pinned a cute shamrock and leprechaun pin onto my shirt to keep me safe. But the crazy thing is that I still got pinched a couple of times. I recall yelling and pulling that pin toward someone's face (still attached to my shirt) showing them how perfectly green it was, and reasoning that I deserved to pinch them double hard for that!  

Nowadays, pinching people on St. Patrick's Day for not wearing green is like totally banned from many schools, but I'm glad I had the experience. A little fear goes a long way in making a good little story. 


2 comments:

  1. I remember those pinching days! Mine are forever gone, with Celtic tattoos on each ankle and an emerald wedding ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! I remember the pinching, too--the things we deprive kids of these days...

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...