Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

the tipping point


Sometimes growing up can be tricky with not really knowing what to let go of and what is valuable forever. 

I did this funny thing called grow up, but you know what's even funnier—how it didn't seem like I was growing up at all. Little by little it just happened. 

It really is difficult to tell when the scales were tipped, but I believe it could possibly have been the first time I decided to not go outside to jump on the trampoline when everyone else was going. It truly could be when I gave my Barbie collection away when I went into sixth grade because "I am too old for Barbies now."  Or maybe it was when I finally stopped dressing up for Halloween (last year). Maybe it was when I had to say goodbye to my parents. 

But then again, it could possibly have been the moment I decided not to run after the boy I like, realizing that he will come to me when he's ready. 


1 comment:

Tell us your thoughts...