Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

a good haircut



Having curly hair is a special adventure. I adore my curly hair, but that does not change the fact that it has its struggles. Not everyone can give a good curly hair haircut. It's just the facts.

That said, I have an aunt, the very kindest of aunts who has curly hair too and is a talented hairdresser, who loves me, so she volunteers her expertise and time (and sometimes supplies) to aid me in my curly hair adventure. She also listens to me when I need to talk, which seems to be incessantly the entire time. She helps me feel a little more whole again every time I come to her house: more beautiful, more understood, more able to learn, more able to face my struggles—including my hair. In our conversations, she teaches me these little tidbits about beauty and life as I age. She might not realize it or maybe she does, but since my mom died when I was still in my twenties, this aunt of mine is filling in where my mom had to leave off.

I am so thankful for all the wonderful haircuts she's given me over the years. I say thank you, but it never seems like enough because she always sends me away with so much more than fixed hair.




1 comment:

  1. In honor of yesterday's election results, and the "fun times" that've been had on social media today: http://luckbethislady.blogspot.com/2016/11/the-right-to-not-say-anything.html

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...