Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

quilts



As I sit here pondering what to write about today, I am lying on my bed with two quilts on it. The cold weather has begun to stick, and I need some layers to keep warm. I am thinking about the hands that made these special quilts: my mother's and a friend's mother-in-law's who finished my mother's work.

These two women have a talent for creating beautiful things that are worthwhile and bless people's lives. I wish I had learned to make the types of things my mother did, but I do cherish what I have of hers even more so because it is irreplaceable.

I am thankful for the quilts to keep me warm both body and heart as I wait out another cold winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...