Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

friends forever


Have you ever received a gift that got you thinking about the real gifts in your life? When I got a custom-made mug in the mail, I sat there crying as I held it in my hands because the realization of what I have, a 30-year friendship, is the gift. The mug just stands as a manifestation of the bond of love we share.

Looking back on all the times my BFF Forever (my term of endearment that began with irony but has stuck) has been there for me, my breath is taken away. She has been with me in one way or another through every heartbreak I've ever experienced. It causes me to wonder if she signed up to be one of my guides before we came to this earth. I don't believe in coincidences, so it must be the case. She's just always there.

That thought then causes me to wonder how I'll survive without her. I can't even imagine not having her to run things by and to laugh with and lean on. I can't think about that anymore!

I have so much on my mind now, and it all started with a custom-made mug tugging at my heartstrings.







7 comments:

  1. I love this story! The mug is adorable too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw an ad for these mugs come across my Facebook feed last week and thought they were kind of neat. But I can only imagine how special it would be to receive one from a friend! Friendships are SOOO important in this life. I'm glad you have one that lifts you so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful slice! Friendships are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image on the mug says it all about your friendship, and for it to last thirty years is a rare gift. Lovely slice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous gift - I'd imagine my friend sipping coffee with me, would feel that bond, no matter how many miles might separate us. And what a gift is a friendship of thirty years, in itself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long time friendships are treasures without comparison!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...