Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

spending time



Nothing really out of the ordinary happening except my son has been moved away from our old epicenter for two months, and he is home to get some support and spend some time.

This time we spend will most likely be nothing too spectacular, but that we are together makes it inherently wonderful. I am so happy to have him with us for a couple of days. I know he will have enough to eat and will be safe for at least two days. Also, he always makes us all smile with his light hearted humor and kind thoughtfulness. That's always a bonus.

We got a little lunch together the first day, and as you can see, lunch was spectacular, so maybe I wasn't accurate earlier.

Something I wonder is if anyone has some wisdom on how to not worry about your young adult children who are too adult to want to be home but too still your child you want to keep safe from the world. I'd love to hear any advice!







7 comments:

  1. Your small, beautiful moment makes me fear the months ahead when we send our first off into the world.....appreciating those small moments together must be delightful, but difficult since they are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where has he headed off to? Wonderful for him to come back home and visit. :)

    https://joolimammoth.blogspot.com/2019/03/slice-of-life-day-4-i-found-bag-of.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a delightful sandwich! If I'd seen it before dinner we'd have had that for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My slice yesterday was of a similar theme, I was having dinner with my 15 year old and was suddenly it by the through that she would only be with me for a few short years. I think I will always worry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mouthwatering photo-! The best advice I can give on the mothering of an adult child is stolen from a song: Hold on loosely, but don't let go. That's a slice I've been wanting to write for a while but it hasn't quite gelled yet. Savor every moment -!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...