Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

tracks


Riding on trains equals adventure to me, so when I see train tracks, I begin thinking of what excitement is coming my way. I don't care how far (or not far) I am going; riding the train is going to be good.

I have begun to use day trips on trains as a way to get work done. I do take a break and get off to walk and get a bite and soak in scenery to boost my creativity, but the swaying and constancy of the train seem to help me focus.

I also use the train to take me on little trips and open up the door to adventure. It is always a good day when I begin it with a train ride.

One of these days, I want to take a coastal train trip or even cross-country. Man alive, that would be fun.





4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy taking the train. I like the feel of the train as we speed along to a city where I will meet with my daughter and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can connect to your love of train rides! When I was little, my mom and I would take the train and spend the day walking around the city together. We didn't always have a plan, just did whatever sparked our curiosity. I'm happy to say that we still do this together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic. Train riding and enthusiasm has gone the way of olden days it seems. I grew up just a couple blocks away from train tracks and living without that regular vibration and whistle is harder than I ever realize. I too find them soothing! BTW, I've heard taking the train down to New Orleans is super interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...