Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

music love


Music can say things we don't have the words for. It sets or changes the mood. Music can heal and lift and bless others when we share it. One regret I have is that I am not more of a musician.

My mother was a musician to the core. She sang, played piano and organ, and had impeccable taste in  many styles of music. She set the standard to which I could never rise.

I guess I could have, but with the opportunities I had (and didn't have) growing up, coupled with my life challenges, it just didn't work out. I am sure if we had money for private lessons and my mom didn't have to go to work when I was young, I could have reached a lot more musical dreams.

Instead, I throw myself into finding great music to listen to and share with others. Since the 80s, I've been making mixed tapes, burning CDs, and creating playlists for myself and others. It's down to an art form if you ask me. You could also ask any of my friends or old boyfriends who received such delights, and they would attest to the amazingness of this bizarre musical talent.

I might not be a great singer or pianist, but I do have a deep love of music, and that is all that matters.




3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine a world without music. Music sets so many different moods. As a kid I took accordion lessons and really enjoyed making music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is great and you are right, it can set the mood or the atmosphere. I also have music for so many different occasions, depending on what I'm feeling at the moment. Thanks for sharing your secret talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in two bands and I have terrible taste in music. I appalled a boyfriend of mine when I asked if Stairway to Heaven was by Metallica. Apparently that was a faux pas. Oh well, at least there are people like you in the world who don't make those kinds of mistakes. Lol.

    https://joolimammoth.blogspot.com/2019/03/slice-of-life-day-10-closing-night.html

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...