Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Valentine's Day Fail



One fateful St. Valentine's Night, I showed too much love. I prepared the most delectable dinner, set out the fine china on an old, English lace tablecloth, lit dripping candles all over the dinner table and in the bedroom, knowing he might come home just a little bit late. Well, an hour passed by, then two, then three. I couldn't stay awake at that point, so I gave up. I left the table set for proof of love's labor lost, but blew out candles and put away food. Needless to say, I never put forth that much effort again.



1 comment:

  1. Ah, this slice made me sad. I like your details, the old English lace, the dripping candles. They really paint the picture of extravagant expression of love. I'm sorry you didn't get to share it with your love that night.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...