Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

A Twitter Trilogy

Sit down. Relax. Get Ready for the Show. (and don't forget to silence all electronic devices).


A Twitter Trilogy by @th_purpl_lady


Book 1: A Criminal Insinuation OR Girl Takes Tweet Wrong

gets freaked out by creepy tweet. says so. jerk tweets ensue. annoyed and freaked out. jerk tweets turn mean. ultimately furious. the end.

Book 2: Infuriating Cuteness Doesn't Count OR Boy Moved On

woke up furious and freaked out. [time passes] furious and confused. [more time passes] misses friend but furious. the end.

Book 3: The Poison of Pride Overcome OR The Queen of Drama Reigneth

still furious and missing friend. [time passes] wants to apologize. [time passes] pride [time passes] says sorry. the end.

Epilogue: El Malhablado Goes Soft
 
Friend tweets a most sincere apology.








 P.S.
You might not quite get the hilarity of the story if you aren't a tweeter, but I hope you do



Source: twowritingteachers.wordpress.com via The Purple on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. I really love the idea of using a "twitter trilogy" in my classroom -- what a great (speedy) way to summarize the events of... just about anything! Well played! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it has ever been done before, but I got the inspiration yesterday and thought, "What an interesting new genre!" Each book has to be 140 characters or less :)Talk about succinct and creative writing strategies put into play. It was challenging. So glad you liked it. I think this will be my first writing strategy I will ever get credit for. I am honored that you want to use it.

      Delete
  2. I didn't get it. haha...but then again, I AM new to Twitter. I am coming to understand very quickly though how creative you have to be with your tweets...seeing as how you are only given 140 characters per tweet. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...