Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Comfort and Love

 



Having a comfortable home is not something everyone has, but I am not grateful for mine just because it can be seen as a luxury. I am thankful for it because I know my home is something I have had to work for and beg for and fight for. I am reminded of the sacrifices of my parents and their parents and theirs to work at creating a home, and their examples to me make me grateful. They always maintained memories of the past, of family and comforts, so I maintain these things too, and it makes my home feel like a spot of heaven on the hard days when missing them gets to me. Whenever I have guests over who are visiting my home for the first time, many times, people say how comfortable my home is, and I cannot agree more or be more thankful that they feel the spirit of it all in one visit. They can see and feel the generations of love that surround me and my children within the walls that would be bare and empty without all that love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...