Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Ability and Lessons Learned

 

Being able to wake up each day to try again is something I have considered a true gift lately. The ability to take care of oneself and the responsibilities around you should never be taken for granted. I am certain that the different injuries and illnesses I have experienced over the past five years or so have contributed to my gratitude in this thing, but we really should not knock what teaches us good lessons. I am reminded of something one of my students said in class the other day about how even all the bad things are valuable and we should be glad of those too (or something to that effect), and I said out loud something like, "Uh I am 100 hundred percent not glad for a couple of bad things for sure," yet here I am agreeing with her. So I would have to say that for today I am thankful to be well and strong enough at least to take care of me and mine and concede that I might be a tiny bit thankful at least for what the hard-earned but helpful lessons that the bad stuff teaches me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...