Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

taking care of me

The weekend flew by as per usual, but I did some things on purpose, with intention, to take care of myself. I get stressed out with so much responsibility resting on my shoulders, and it can get overwhelming at times even when I am taking care of myself. When this happens, I need to do a self-intervention and get in for a pedicure, manicure, massage, or all three. I had a counselor many years ago tell me that my mental health cannot afford for me to be cheap and not get these things done. For a little background knowledge, he asked me what are some things that help me to destress, and we made a list of things from at-home, in the car, and intervention level. And pedicures, manicures, and massages help to manage the physical aspect of my stress when things get to be too much. I am so thankful that I had a bit of time to take care of me. It made a big difference for me, so my gratitude is full right now. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...