Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

My Book Club

Tomorrow night is the night when my book club gets together to vote on what we will be reading the following year. We loosely model it after the Jolabokaflod tradition with a book exchange, a gob of chocolate, and celebrate the eve of the official Christmas season one week before Thanksgiving. I love love love how fluid and structured and casual and formal it all is all at once. We talk about books and life and have about 1-5 conversations going at any point, and it is so good to me. I had a rough year with trying to get books read, but I always know that the book club is about connecting and sharing more than it is about finishing, I look forward with a thankful heart that I have been able to run a book club of my own. It feels meaningful and delightful to me, and I cannot wait to see what we read in 2024! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...