Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Lights All Aglow

 

I am not thankful that my Christmas tree we have had for like ever and a day has finally bit the dust, but in the disappointment and realization that yet another thing has broken and the list of broken household items is mounting to insurmountable levels, I realized that the years we have had this Christmas tree have been many, and I caught myself feeling thankful that it lasted as long as it did. In that moment of realization, my entire outlook changed, and I could see the many happy times we have had sitting around its lights all aglow with Christmas gifts piled beneath, and it made me a little sad and a whole lot grateful. I am also extra grateful that the stores are slashing the prices on Christmas trees leading up to Thanksgiving week, so I can get a replacement without having to eat ramen for a year—or two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...