Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Early Christmas


About twelve years ago, I realized that the Christmas season slipped through my fingers a little too quickly for my taste once I was becoming a teacher (instead of a stay at home mom) and my children were all over the place in December. So that's when the tradition of decorating for Christmas on or just after Thanksgiving changed forever. And this weekend, I dug out all the boxes of Christmas Past and reminisced and gave thanks and smiled and shed a few tears as I look at where the time has gone. My last child will be celebrating his last Christmas as a child. And that has been a hard thing for me to face, but at the same time, I am so thankful for my planner self who always looks ahead to see what day needs to be seized. And this Christmas season is going to be seized to the hilt! All the magic and joy and love and remembering Jesus Christ's birth and infinite love for us will all be there starting now and probably go into the new year if I can work it out. I am thankful for all the chances I have had and am being given now this Christmas to celebrate early, so we can savor the time and make some happy memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...