Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Teaching Writing


It has been a hot minute since I last let myself really write without restriction. I haven't really put any actual restrictions on my writing, but I also have not been giving myself room to breathe so that I can write, and that is almost the same as being grounded. That all said, the time I spend teaching my Creative Writing class provides me with that flicker of light I need to keep knowing that I am a writer. I am a poet. I am good at it too. I just don't know where to put the silence yet, so I can truly open up and write like I used to, and knowing that it is okay to not know all the answers causes me to feel deeply grateful. For now, mentoring young authors as they explore their creativity and my sporadic attempts to remind myself that I write too are enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...